The finest Greek oregano of all is the one that grows in the mountains of Epirus in Greece. Oregano is a well-loved cooking herb. It is used extensively in Mediterranean kitchen and widely known in Italy as “the pizza herb.” Oregano is superb in any tomato-based dish.
• It is perfect for the world known Greek salad (horiatiki)
• It is also perfect for seasoning pasta dishes and most foods that contain virgin olive oil.
• Pair oregano with basil, garlic, onion and thyme.
• Whole sprigs of oregano and rosemary can be placed in steamer water for seafood along with a few large leaves of basil.
• You can even add oregano to canned soups for a little extra flavor during lunch or on one of those lazy dinner nights.